Followers

Friday 19 January 2018

Twofer Card Challenge

There's a new challenge blog just gone live called Twofer, the aim is to make two cards using the same stamps, dies etc to make two cards for different occasions. The first is Feathers, these can be attached to a bird on their own or incorporated in something. The cards below are what I came up with for the challenge. I used a stamp from a set of stamps called Peacock Glory from Chocolate Baroque and the sentiments are from a set called Mackintosh Sentiments again from Chocolate Baroque. The backgrounds were created using distress inks and a couple of texture stamps from Visible Image.



On the card below I used a stencil  on the background but can't remember who it was by as it's been in my stash so long. 


The stencil used on the card below is from Imagination crafts.


Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

14 comments:

Jane Willis said...

I love the opulence of these feathers and the colours you've used with them
Jane

Di said...

What a glorious colour of turquoise Sue - and those feather are marvellous! Wonderful cards for a tricky challenge - I needed to lie down after I'd made my two! Ha, of course, the turquoise is peacock blue - silly me :)

Hugs

Di xx

Viv said...

10 out of 10 for these two cards Sue!

Janice said...

Fantastic cards Sue, perfect for the feather challenge! You make such beautifully coloured backgrounds, I’m envious.
Janice x

Loll said...

Two bright, bold and beaautiful cards Sue! The colours are amazing! Both designs are stunning and a great way to show how to use a stamp separately, or group them togeher to create a bouquet of feathers. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge. xx

rachel said...

ooo absolutely brilliant! I love these Sue - what gorgeous colours. Hugs rachel x

Liz said...

Two beautiful cards, I love the colours. xx

cotnob said...

Beautiful cards Sue, fabulous backgrounds and lovely peacock feather stamp.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

aussie aNNie said...

Your cards are so pretty, I am loving the blue and greens and the gorgeous stamp Sue, amazing.xx [aNNie]

Valerija said...

These are so adorable. Love the colours and the stamps.
Valerija xx

Susanne Vargas said...

Love your colorful, stenciled backgrounds to showcase the pretty feathers! Wonderful cards!
Thank you so much for joining us at the very first Twofer Card Challenge!

Cobnut Crafter said...

Gorgeous colours and fits so well with the Peacock feathers. Lovely cards Sue. x Anne

Darnell said...

I love any shade of aqua, turquoise, peacock, and teal so these cards really stood out in the gallery, Sue! Those peacock feathers are so alive looking and your designs with them are beautiful! Thank you so much for playing with us in my very first Twofer Card Challenge! Hugs, Darnell

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow these are really pretty designs I love them all, ,I want to wish you a very happy 2018 with a good health and lots of good inspiration this year!!

Greetings
Maria