Followers

Thursday 30 July 2015

Pick of the Batch

I made a serious start on my Christmas cards at the end of last week. Then earlier this week I happened to pop onto Sarn's blog and saw she was taking part in a challenge on Scrappy Mo's blog called Rudolph Days. This is not a challenge that I normally take part in (because I'm not that organised), however as they were nearly finished I though why not. So 24 cards later I've picked out 2 to show you toady. I've used Crafters Companion Paintbox Poppets Winter Collection CD for both of these, toppers teamed with backing papers from the CD. Silver mirri card for the matting and sentiment die cuts, these were from All Occasion Dies and Tattered Lace. The snow flake corners are from a Sue Wilson die as well as the poinsettia. This was cut out of white card and glittered afterwards.




I would like to thank those of you who mentioned my FIL in the last post. I'm glad to say that after a slow start he's beginning to make a recovery and is now on a normal ward. He's also moaning a bit which has got to be a good sign.

Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue


12 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Both absolutely gorgeous sue :)

rachel said...

lol - sorry your comment about your fil made me chuckle - yes moaning is definitely a good sign if my dad is anything to go by! Beautiful cards Sue! And yes - the jam set! Hugs rachel x

scrappymo! said...

Hi Sue!
Your cards are gorgeous. What a wonderful CD. I am in awe of those who know how to use CD's etc. I have 3 CD's but have never opened them. I need a neighbour to come and papercraft and show me how! lol
Your images are so pretty and I love the sentiments you chose. Winter Wishes especially.

Thanks for taking part in the July Rudolph days Challenge.

aussie aNNie said...

Sue these are gorgeous love to get the CD to produce wonderful cards like these...just beautiful.xx
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful cards Sue, the images are gorgeous. Wow 24 Christmas cards finished already? Amazing ... take care, Shirleyxx

Jacee said...

Such lovely cards Sue, I really love the images
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Diane said...

What awesome designs Sue.

Hugs Diane

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards Sue.xxx

Sarn said...

Hi Sue

Soooo pleased you took the opportunity to play along with Rudolph Day over at Mo's. 24 CARDS???? That's amazing. I take my hat off to you.

These two are lovely and I like the way you've embellished them.

Good to hear the FIL is on the mend and moaning properly!!!!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Michelle J M said...

Oh these are beautiful Sue! Love the image of the first one, so pretty. I never seem to get a nice clear print with Crafters Companion images but you certainly do. There you go, two Christmas cards already! Michelle x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Hi Michelle, I always open up the images in MCS rather that the disc itself. That way you get a better print. Sue xx

Sally H said...

Just gorgeous, Sue! I missed Rudolf day this month - what a great entry, and well done on making 24 so far!