Followers

Friday 22 November 2013

Playing With The Gelli Plate

First I'd like to say a big welcome to the new followers that have joined this week. Earlier this week I mentioned that I had a play with my Gelli Plate prior to the workshop I attended on Sunday. Here are two of the results from that play. The first was copying Tracey from Lavinia Stamps and the demo that I watched at the NEC the other week. She was making scenes by brayering Adirondack Inks onto the Gelli Plate, then stamping onto this before taking a print from the plate. I loved the look of these so set out to repeat it myself, although not very successfully. Although the background colours came out OK, I felt that the ink from the stamps has beaded a bit. This was the best out of a small bunch that didn't end in the bin.



Feeling slightly disappointed I had a play at just putting the Adirondack inks on with the brayer (as well as the first time I'd used a Gelli Plate, it was also my first time with a brayer). I have to say I love the backgrounds made this way and they do tend to look like they have been printed onto the card. Then I stamped onto the background in the traditional way, and using torn paper to make my hills. I think it gives a far better result, so will probably stick to this way in future, although I'm sure some more playing will be on the cards.


Thanks for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

7 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is just so beautifully creative with wonderful stamping techniques.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

NancyD said...

Looks really cool to me Sue! NancyD

Dora said...

super!! beautiful cards. fantastic made!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue, both cards are quite beautiful. Love the images as well. Both versions look great, it depends on what look you are wanting (I guess). I was playing with my Gelli Plate yesterday with a friend, we each made a pile of mono prints. I'm not sure how many I will actually use, but it is fun and I think it takes practice to understand what it can do? And some 'go with the flow'.

Michelle J M said...

I think they both look really good Sue. Those images are lovely and you are so clever the way you have done the hills. I'd like to give brayering a try, Barbara Grey makes it look so easy although I know mine wouldn't look like hers! Michelle x

rachel said...

this looks amazing sue - the possibilities seem endless - can't wait to get my gelli plate from santa and start playing xx

Beryl said...

They are both fab Sue but I do prefer to second as it it more defined and 'vibrant'. A lovely scene created with the stamps on both.
Beryl xx