Followers

Sunday 29 September 2013

CD Sunday - 1950's

How Sunday morning's seem to come around so quickly these days, it's time again for a new challenge at the CD Sunday blog. This week the theme is 1950's and was chosen by Carol. For my card this week I've used MCS, Fab Glam Fifties, if only I had a lovely slim figure like this lady. I used a 6x6 white card base to start with, then teamed everything with the topper and used shades of green. The flowers started off as white and I painted them with some pale green pearlidoodles that were in my cupboard, and added some flower brads to them that I've had for some time and the bow was picked to match the coat. I hope to be back on track with my commenting this week, we've just spent the last week in Cornwall with my Mum and Hubby's Dad. We had a lovely week but had no mobile phone signal for most of the time, and no Internet for the whole of the week. It's great to get back to normal this week. This is Anne's last week as GDT, please do pop over to the challenge blog and see what she and the other DT members have made to inspire you this week.



Thanks for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

8 comments:

Aquarius said...

Such a fashionable lady - great for the challenge

sue-b said...

This is a stunner and as you said i also wish i had her figure, love the colours and beautiful flowers.
sue-b xx

sue-b said...

This is a stunner and as you said i also wish i had her figure, love the colours and beautiful flowers.
sue-b xx

rachel said...

gorgeous card Sue - wonderful - image and fab design xx

Jocelyn said...

Such an elegant image and I love your colour choice.
Jocelyn x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful design Sue, love the vintage lady image and the background behind her. I hope you enjoyed your vacation, it's nice to be away from the Internet for a while, but it does make you feel a little 'disconnected'. Take care Shirleyx

Marina said...

How elegant. Lovely colours. Marina

Beryl said...

A very elegant lady. I remember fashion like that - but not down my road! Great card Sue.
Beryl xx