Followers

Saturday 31 August 2013

Christening Card

My Daughter is off to a Christening tomorrow, and asked me to make a card for her to take. After looking through my hoards of CD's and finding nothing that was more traditional, I decided to use this image from The Rachel Ann Miller Collection. There are some lovely images on this CD really suitable for younger children too. This was from the decoupage section, the grass was a bit fiddly to cut out, but looks great once it's done.  The backing papers matched the design, and were mounted onto some turquoise blue card, as was the decoupaged topper. I made the sentiment on the PC and colour matched the text before placing onto the card. There is even a section with inserts to match on this CD too, which I used.



Thanks for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

4 comments:

rachel said...

super card Sue - really beautiful colours and a fab fun image. Finally made it home - it only took 10 hours lol!!!! We really should holiday closer to home but Cornwall is so special! Hugs rachel xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Very pretty (& sweet) card Sue, so much wonderful detail. As usual your decoupage work is beautiful. I hope you are having a great weekend, Shirleyx

Michelle J M said...

A perfect christening card Sue. What an adorable image. I don't have this cd, it looks really sweet. Michelle x

craftimamma said...

Oops, missed one (I'm working my way backwards, lol!). This is so cute and just right for a christening but I think I need this cd. I now have a 20 month old grandson and absolutely nothing in my stash suitable for little boys. This would be perfect for his birthday coming up in December!

Hugs
Lesley Xx