Followers

Sunday 13 January 2013

CD Sunday - Vintage Vogue

This week the challenge over on the CD Sunday blog is Vintage Vogue, and I must say I do have quit a few CD that would fit this theme. I decided to use Debbi Moores, One Fine Lady, and this very elegant lady out for a stroll. The image has four layers of decoupage, which were put together using glue gel. I printed off one of the scenes from the CD but did cut it down to fit in with my layout, and added a piece of lace to the edge. I went for a fairly plain backing paper, keeping the decorative strip, which I added flat back pearls too. I added die cut corners, cut with a Marianne die. I had some cream coloured flowers in my stash, which I blinged up a bit by spraying with gold glimmer mist, I then added some jewellery findings and flat back pearls to the centres. I have a box with leaves and swirls cut out ready to use (made with the scraps left over from other projects) so I raided this and added in with the flowers.



Thank you for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

6 comments:

starcyl said...

I love this card Sue, very opulent. I dont have this cd but think I will investigate as I like this style of image. Good to have you on the team this month.
Jenny xx
CD Sunday DT

Aquarius said...

Beautiful card and well chosen CD images - very elegant lady

Linby said...

I have this cd Nd like you many more that fit this theme, looking forward to taking part. Your card is stunning a beautiful piece of work.
Lynn x

Beryl said...

This is beautiful Sue. Wouldn't I just love to fit in a dress like that - even though I wouldn't be able to walk in it! Love the design, the lace, flowers and corners dies are perfect embellishments for the scene.
Beryl xx

Jocelyn said...

Fabulous card and I love all the pearls, flowers, lace and die cuts. All put together beautifully.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous & elegant vintage design Sue ! Your lady is beautiful, and as always so is your decoupage work. Love all the embellishments as well. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend, Shirleyx