Followers

Sunday 12 August 2012

CD Sunday - Exotic Birds And Blooms

The theme this week on the CD Sunday blog is Exotic Birds and Blooms. For my card this week I have made an Anniversary card for my Mother-in-law to give to my Sister-in law and her hubby next month, they both like birds, so I have used this image of a pair of budgerigars from Jayne Netley Mayhew's second collection by Joanna Sheen. The flowers also come from the same disc. I've used an 8x8 card base, and added the backing paper from the CD that goes with the image. The birds are from the decoupage section, and are put together using glue gel. I printed the flowers 4 times and then cut out layers to decoupage, shaping with a ball tool. The sentiment was made on the PC and I changed the colour to match the image.



Thank you for taking the time to look. Your kind comments are always appreciated.

Sue

11 comments:

Christine said...

A beautiful card Sue, I love the image and the way you have done the flowers. Thanks for your continued support of us at CD Sunday.
Hugs
Christine xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Another gorgeous card Sue ! I love those colours :) and your decoupage work is awesome ! Love this one too ! Have a great week, Shirleyx

Georgiegirl2012 said...

I really like this card, well done

sue-b said...

Hi Sue, beautiful card, your cut work is brill, it gives the card a great 3D quality. Thank you for your support at CD Sunday.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Beryl said...

This is really lovely Sue and a great image to use for an anniversary card. I know they will love it.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Michelle J M said...

Love it! The budgies were my other choice! A really beautiful card, with perfect decoupage. This will be very well received by your in laws. Thanks for your continued support at CD Sunday. Michelle x

Jocelyn said...

Really beautifully done, those budgies look almost real the way you have decoupaged them.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

Another beauty Sue.
Thank you for joining is with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Marina said...

What a cute idea for an anniversary! Lovely card.

Margarets designer cards said...

I love budgies and these are so real, great card
Margaret

Cazro said...

Thanks for showing budgies, not always thought as exotic but they are. My mother was a lover of budgies, thanks for the memory. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz