Followers

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Tulips From Amsterdam

I've had a busy week this week, so I've only just got around to making something for Forgotten Friday, and I'm going to combine it with my second entry into this months Craft A Scene challenge which this month is spring flowers. I've used a previously uninked stamp from Chocolate Baroque from the country views stamp sheet. I wanted to try to give this card a Delft Pottery feel to it, so stamped the image onto watercolour card with faded jeans distress inks. I then took a water brush and moved the ink around a little to give it a bit more colour. I then blended the same colour ink around the edge of the image and stamped a get well message on to a spare piece of card and again blended some ink around the edge. The tulips are a digital stamp from Just Inklined which I sized to go with the image, printed onto some white card stock and coloured with promarkers, I then cut these out and stuck along the bottom of the image. I used a 6 x 6 white card base, and backing paper that came form a box of scraps, again I used faded jeans blended around the edges.



Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue

10 comments:

judith@poppy cottage said...

This is lovely Sue, you've really caught the Delft feel. I love the bright tulips against the cool blue and white. Thanks o much for joining in FF this week, Judith xx

Miranda said...

Lovely Sue and real Dutch! warm greetz Mirandax

Aquarius said...

What a brilliant idea to use the stamps in this way to give the Delft look - this is a set I don't have yet.. tempting though as I love the windmill!! The colourful tulips are great with it as well.

Helen in the UK said...

Very pretty! Love the soft blue with the splash of bright :)

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue ! Awesome card ! It does have the Delft feel to it. I love how the colours of the tulips pops - Beautiful ! Thanks for the tip on using Distress Inks direct to watercolor paper and then adding water, it's very effective, I will have to try it. Enjoy the rest of your day, Shirley x

Deanna said...

Hi Sue,
Love the Delft effect and the stamp set too. Great idea with blue background and colored tulips in the front. Really nice!

NancyD said...

Such a great get well card. Love the flowers and the Delft blue. Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene Challenges. NancyD

Carol said...

A lovely card Sue. I love the watercolur effect and you have done it beautifully.
Carol
x

Carol Ric said...

Beautiful card! The water color is done perfectly. Great job!

Sally H said...

Just gorgeous, Sue! love the blue and white with the colour of the tulips. Fabulous!