Followers

Monday 7 May 2012

CD Sunday - Trees and Shrubs

It's time once more for the CD Sunday challenge and this week it's Trees and Shrubs. An ideal chance for me to get ahead and make a card for later, as in June I shall be away for the whole month. Hubby and I along with a friend are going to be travelling in America. I have several Birthdays in the family that will require cards while we are away, along with this one which I've made for my FIL to give to MIL. It was a good excuse to get out the Thomas Kinkade CD and use one of the gorgeous images from this, plenty of trees, shrubs and colourful flowers. I've made an 8 x 8 card base, and used the largest topper on the sheet for this one, the backing paper was from the florals 2 section. I've used some pink centura pearl card for the matting, and some ribbon and flowers from my stash.




Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue x

10 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Sue, you have made a stunning card which I know will be well received. There are so many beautiful images on this CD it is hard to choose. Enjoy your holiday in June. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday.
Hugs
Christine xx
CD Sunday

starcyl said...

This is a beauty Sue, love the pink it gos so well with the image and the wholefeel is quite girly.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday once again this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

Hi Sue, i love this card, glad you made it in an 8x8 the image is so beautiful. What a wonderful card to receive.
sue-b x
Guest Designer

Aquarius said...

This beautiful image has been made into a super card and I'm sure it will be much appreciated.

Jocelyn said...

A beautiful card. These images are always lovely and I especially like the way you have pulled the colour from the image out into your card with the mats and layers, ribbons and embellies.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Michelle J M said...

Beautiful! What a lovely image, its so peaceful and with such depth. Michelle x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue ! Gorgeous card ! The mattings behind the gorgeous image are perfect ! Your MIL will love it ! Have a great week, Shirley x

Purple Crazy said...

Gorgeous card, the pink layers work so well, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday, Wendy xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, I love this image unfortunately I don't have this cd yet, it's on my wish list.

Margaret

Carol said...

Hi Sue. I have to be honest and put my hand up and say that I am not a fan of the work of Thomas Kincade. Having said that though you have made a beautiful card with this image.
Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT