Followers

Sunday 27 May 2012

CD Sunday - Old Macdonald Had A Farm

And on that farm he had some horse's Ee i ee i oh. That's the challenge this week over on the CD Sunday blog. While I was looking through my CD's the other week I realised that there were some really nice farmyard pictures on them, and did think at the time it would make a good topic for the challenge blog. So thank you to whoever picked this weeks choice. I've used Joanna Sheen's Times Gone By CD this week, and this lovely picture of the horse's and foal. The colours that I picked to go with it were matched with the colours on the hay waggon, they weren't meant to look so patriotic. I made an 8X8 card base using some red card, and the matted the backing paper onto some royal blue before putting it onto the card base. I made a border with off cuts of the same colours and place onto the centre on the card, and added some corners cut out with a sizzlits Architectrual Accent die. I mounted the topper using the same red an blue, and mounted on an angle. Finally I added a sentiment for Father's Day, this was made on the PC.





Thinking about it, this is the first card I've made using the red, white and blue and although I am a monarchist, and love our royal family I've not felt like rushing out to buy any of the patriotic wares they have in the shops at present, or any of the CDs or kits with it on. Maybe it's because I shall be out of the country for a month from next Saturday, and wont be back until it's all over. Just in time for the Olympics.

Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue

11 comments:

Aquarius said...

A lovely old-fashioned farm scene - made me think of Larkrise to Candleford. I've avoided buying the patriotic wares in the shops too apart from one CD for Craft Artist which came as part of a 'bundle' and couldn't be avoided!! Have a great time on your escape from the Jubilee.

Carol said...

Great card Sue and I love the colours. I would have done it the other way and escaped from the Olympics instead.
Thank you for joining in. We are going to miss you next month.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

A lovely scene and the colours go beautifully. Enjoy your break and look forward to visiting your blog once you are back.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Sue gorgeous these horse scene. Beautiful.
Lovely greet
Marja

Christine said...

A super scene Sue, your colours match beautifully. Thanks for your continued support of CD Sunday. Enjoy your break.
Hugs
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

lovely card Sue, beautiful image and i love the little snapshot in the corner, great l/o.
sue-b Guest desiner.

Michelle J M said...

Oh this is lovely Sue, a real farm yard scene and what a fabulous card for a father. Michelle x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card Sue ! Perfect for a Father's Day card and the colours are wonderful. I like the angle you've placed the image and matting, sets it off ! Have a great week, Shirley x

starcyl said...

This is a great card even with it being in red, white and blue! To be honest looking at the picture I wouldn't have chosen those colours but it looks fab so shows how wrong I can be.
Thanks for being with us again this week and enjoy your month long break.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A beautiful card Sue. I love the images on this CD. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.

Wendy -x-

Purple Crazy said...

Super card, lovely image and great colour combo, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday, Wendy x