Followers

Friday 13 April 2012

Forgotten Friday - Hummingbird

I was just thinking how quickly this week has gone, but then remembered we had a bank Holiday on Monday. This week on my rummage through my cupboard I found a stamp set that I bought in the US in 2009, and yes you've guessed it, I have not even opened the packaging. Defiantly a very neglected set, so perfect to use today for the Forgotten Friday challenge over on Judith's blog. After sorting out my promarkers to do the colouring I discovered that my black Momento ink pad is in need of replacing and not stamping very well, I've reinked it several times so decided to get a new one. That left me with a problem as the other ink pads I have are not so good to use with the promarkers, so I put them all away and rethought how I would make the card. I stamped the hummingbird and some flowers with versafine black ink, and also the sentiments, one from a set by Flower Soft and the other from a set from Kanban. Next I added some colour to the background using cut and dry foam and Adirondack ink pads. Then I coloured some flowers that I had stamped out separately, again with cut and dry foam and ink pads. The hummingbird I coloured with Whisper pens, which had no effect on the ink I used. I mounted it onto some gold mirri card, and two shades of green card, before mounting it all onto a white 6 x 6 card base. Last of all I added the flowers that I cut out, and added some gold card candi to the centres.





I'm off the the Stamp and scrapbook show at Alexandra Palace tomorrow, so I am just about to review my shopping list, there's lot on it and of course I need it all :-)

Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue

4 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue ! Gorgeous card ! I love what you've done to color the hummingbird and flowers. Awesome ! I also have that set from Inkadinkado that you used for your card. It's one of the first stamps I purchased, I love how you can see other flying creatures in the images. (ie the butterfly on the tail of the bird). Like you they don't get used often, but still love them !

This is funny, but I have a Hummingbird and flower stamp out on my desk to use next ! (more from Designs by Ryn). Have a great weekend ! Shirley x

Aquarius said...

That stamp set certainly deserves to be used - lovely card. Enjoy the show

judith@poppy cottage said...

A lovely card Sue, I have that hummingbird stamp set, I do love it, but rarely use it. I love the hidden images within the larger designs, they are so clever. Your colour scheme is very pretty, and I am glad that you refused to be beaten by your dried up inkpad. Thanks for joining in FF this week. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow, Judith xx

Anonymous said...

Very nice Sue love those flowers. Hope you enjoyed Ally Pally as much as I did. Suexxx