Followers

Monday 27 February 2012

CD Sunday - Recycling

This weeks challenge over at the CD Sunday blog is recycling. Now I will admit to being a little stumped to start with, as the only thing that I could think of that I had saved to use again was some ribbon. Then I remembered that after Christmas while going through my Christmas cards I came across this image of the 3 Kings, sent by a friend. They were in fact all joined together and had a sentiment below the image, I cut them off of the front of the card and separated them at the time, intending to use them next Christmas. This challenge was a great opportunity to get ahead and make that card now. These toppers already came with a gold edging so I just needed to add some gold mirri card for matting the backing paper and sentiment. The backing paper is from Artylicious Seasons greetings, from Chocolate Baroque, and the sentiment was computer generated and I changed the colour to match the colour in the King's cloak. The ribbon is from my stash, which I placed diagonally across the page. To finish I just added some card candi to the corners. 


Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue

11 comments:

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

Hi again Sue - I'll start again. What a gorgeous card and the ribbons and card candi are just perfect. Talking of card candi I learned how to make card candi flowers at the Make-It Show.
Thank you for joining in our recycling theme.
Carol
xx
CD Sunday DT

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue ! What a gorgeous card ! Love your design/layout with all the layers and how you added the ribbon in a unique way ! (thanks for the idea:)) The 3 Kings images are really awesome with the rich colours. What a great idea 'recycling'. Warm Greetings, Shirley

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Sue this is genial. What a design and what a combination. Beautiful your ribbons. Really fabulous.
Lovely greet
Marja

Mistys Mum said...

Hi Sue
That is a fantastic card - I am still thinking mine through!!
I am also popping to say that I have a little something for you on my blog. If you look at todays post & 27 Feb.

Margarets designer cards said...

Brilliant card,
Margaret

starcyl said...

This is a perfect card to show what can be done with recycling. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Purple Crazy said...

Great card and use of recycled bits, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday xx

Jen said...

Good thinking to save these lovely toppers, super card. Thank you for sharing with us at CD Sunday this week.
Jen x

Jocelyn said...

A lovely card with great recycling. These toppers were much too good to throw away.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A lovely card and a great piece of recycling. Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge.

Wendy -x-