Followers

Friday 2 December 2011

Forgotten Friday 42 - White Christmas

The weeks are certainly rushing by towards Christmas, and it's time once again for Forgotten Friday over on Judith's blog. This week I have decided to combine my card and also enter the White Christmas challenge that Glenda Waterworth (Chocolate Baroque) has set (you could win up to £50.00 to spend in her shop). For this I have used The cottage stamp from the Hearth and Home stamp sheet, from Chocolate Baroque, which I stamped with a black Memento ink pad and coloured with aqua pencils. I then coloured the rest of the image by using distress ink pads in Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Antique Linen and Tea Dye. Then with a quickie glue pen I used glitter to show the snow. I then mounted the image onto navy card and then some white, I went around the edge of the white card with Chipped Sapphire. Next with white card I stamped randomly around the edge with a snowflake stamp from the Snowflake flourish stamp sheet, also from Chocolate Baroque, and embossed with an iridescent clear embossing powder (doesn't show on the photo). I then used the Tumbled Glass, and Broken China ink pads to colour over these, cleaning with a cloth when I had finished to bring the snowflakes back to a white. Then I added some navy ribbon down the side and a stamped sentiment from Lili of the Valley. Finally I added a poinsettia and a couple of flourishes made from Marianne dies, which I coloured again using Tumbled Glass and Broken China ink pads.




If you have neglected stash in your cupboards, make something pop it on your blog then visit Judith's blog leave her a comment and she will come and visit your blog.

Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue x

7 comments:

Aquarius said...

This is gorgeous and well done for combining Forgotten Friday with the white Christmas challenge too. Good luck. I've yet to get my act together for either one this week

Gina said...

This is beautiful Sue. A great card for both challenges,

Gina

Glenda said...

Beautiful card Sue. I love the combination of tea dye ink with the blue, very pretty. Thanks for playing along in the challenge too.

Glenda

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Love the shades of blue on this beautiful Xmas card Sue - the winter scene is beautifully coloured and the embossed snowflake background is stunning.
Sylvia x

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours. Sandra

Angelnorth said...

Love the flakey background with the pretty snowy scene - great card!

judith@poppy cottage said...

Beautiful colours Sue, the blue and brown go so well together. The winter scene is lovely, that's one that I have neglected too. I love the background, it's very pretty. Thanks for joining in my Forgotten Friday challenge, Judith xx