Followers

Sunday 7 August 2011

CD Sunday - Buttons

This week the Challenge over on the CD Sunday challenge blog is Buttons. Like the ladies I have chosen to use the Grandmas Buttons CD, having bought this when it was on Create and Craft, it has sat on my shelf and not been used. I don't know why because it has some really beautiful images, backing papers, and sentiments on. There were so many great colours in the backing papers to choose from, but for this card I wanted to keep it quite muted, so that the topper and decoupaged imaged stood out well. I mounted the backing paper and sentiment onto gold mirri card, before mounting it onto an A5 card base. The decoupage was mounted onto a Marianne Die that I coloured with Dried Marigold Distress Ink. I added the buttons to the corners, threading them first with embroidery threads in different colours. After adding the sentiment, I found some flowers that I felt went well with the colours and just added some buttons to the centres.




I have to say a big thank you to Judith who recently sent me a wonderful box of crafting goodies, inside was a little jar with some brightly coloured buttons, these are what I have used on this card.

Thank you for looking, your kind comments are always appreciated.

Sue

8 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Sue, this is gorgeous, your layout is fab and I like the buttons and the flowers. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday, good to see familiar faces each week.
Hugs
Christine xx

starcyl said...

Hi Sue I love your card and the way you have sat the little girl onto the diecut. Loving your colour scheme and those lovely buttons.
Thanks for joining in with us gain at CD Sunday,we like to see our regulars means we are doing something right!
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

Hi Sue - as always a great card from you. I like it all and your decoupage is brilliant.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Hugs
Carol
xx
CD Sunday DT

Aquarius said...

This is gorgeous - I was sort of tempted with this CD but in the end decided to pass (maybe I should have bought it).

Tess said...

Lovely card Sue. Those flowers are a perfect touch. Thanks for joining us again this week at CD Sunday. x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

She is adorable - thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge this week.

Wendy -x-

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, and I love the image you have used.
Margaret

Purple Crazy said...

Gorgeous card Sue, lots of lovely buttons too, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday xx