Followers

Friday 6 May 2011

Forgotten Friday 15 - Not Christmas

It's Friday once again, and I can't believe how quickly the week's seem to be flying past this year. Of course it's that time of the week where I have a rummage to see what I have, that's not been used either at all' or for a long time. A few weeks ago I was looking in my box of Christmas stamps, and I came across this one. It is from a collection of stamps that were released by Graphicus (now Chocolate Baroque) . These were sold a Christmas stamps and all the sentiments with them are Christmas, however they are so beautiful and the images are all designs in the style of different artist's. This one is in the style of De Morgan , the others are Mackintosh, Kelmscott, Morris, Beardsley and Klimt. As you can see from this image while they would make lovely Christmas baubles to put on a card or other projects, they can also be used as  an everyday image. I have chosen not to put a sentiment on this yet, but will put it in my box of ready made cards until it is needed.




This card was made using  the De Morgan  Bauble stamp sheet, stamped with a black momento ink pad, and then coloured using promarkers. I then mounted it onto a couple of scalloped nesties, one in a matchingblue colour and the other is a very pale pink centura pearl card (it dosen't show very well I'm afraid). I then used a backing paper printed from the Artylicious Blissful Butterflies CD mounted onto the same pale pink card. The corners are cut using a Marianne die, and I added a pearl to the corner of these in a matching colour.

If you would like to join in with the Forgotten Friday challenge, pop over to Judith's blog to find out all about it.

Thanks for looking.

Sue.


2 comments:

judith@poppy cottage said...

This is lovely Sue, I love the deep blue that you have used. I have these bauble stamps too, very under used, of course. It's a great idea to make them up as a general purpose card, and such a pretty one too. Thanks for joining in my challenge again this week. Judith xx

Aquarius said...

What a lovely colour you have chosen for this super card. I have the Klimt baubles but really like this design as well. Another nice touch is those corners especially with the pearls on them.